It’s Arthritis Awareness Month! This month I am challenging you to take a little time each day and practice better self-care. Each day in May, I plan to share one simple way you can show yourself some love and appreciation.
Visualize yourself well. When I look back over our family photos, I instantly can tell which pictures were taken when rheumatoid arthritis was playing a huge part in my life and that feeling crawls right back into my memory. It isn’t a place I like to visit. Some pictures bring tears of compassion knowing how much pain I was experiencing at the time.
On the other hand, during some of my worst days, I found that when I visualized myself healthy and pain-free, a smile instantly took over to comfort me.
- See yourself jumping out of bed without stiff joints
- Imagine yourself receiving a big hug that nourishes and doesn’t hurt you. Soak that hug in.
- Look at photos of yourself doing the things you love doing not as a pity party but a reminder of days to come.
- Draw pictures of yourself as the beautiful person you are because truly, you are beautiful and perfect.
- Photograph or cut out things you still want to do in life.