- I like the ingredients of this product. My skin has always been very sensitive so I avoid harsh chemicals not only because I know my skin can’t handle them, but also because with a chronic illness, I believe we should be as conscious as possible about what we put in and on our bodies. Remember, your skin is an organ too. As always, I avoid products that contain parabens, petroleums, or other chemicals. Years ago I started working towards the idea that if I wouldn’t ingest the product, I shouldn’t use it on my body. (I am not 100% yet, but it is getting closer all the time.) SYLK is a product that is made primarily from the kiwi vine. I like that. It is water based. (I am happy to ingest both kiwi and water!) The ingredients of SYLK are deionized water, extract of kiwifruit plant vegetable glycerine, sodium citrate, xanthan gum, citric acid, potassium sorbate, and citrus seed extract. Because of the ingredients, SYLK is also safe to use during breastfeeding..
- I like the philosophy of SYLK. SYLK states on their website that they use an “ecologically Bio-sustainable process” in the making of their product. Basically they take the vines of kiwis that are left to rot and extract the good stuff they need. Then they compost the vines. Awesome!
- I honestly am experiencing vaginal dryness. TMI? Too bad! It’s true. If not cared for, vaginal dryness can create additional complications such as vaginal itching, soreness, cuts, and painful sex. Personally, I don’t have the time or energy to deal with these issues. Plus, like the rest of my body, I want to feel good down below. A system that is working properly is always good.
- Issues regarding our private areas are still not talked about often enough and I appreciate SYLK asking us to discuss the connection between chronic illness and vaginal dryness. Sometimes we feel like we are contributing every change in our bodies to our chronic illness and sometimes it really is connected. Vaginal dryness is a real issue for anyone experiencing a chronic illness, even when other symptoms seem under control. For many, sex becomes uncomfortable after symptoms like stiff swollen joints appear. We have to deal with the pain and our insecurities of sex while in pain. Don’t add vaginal dryness to your list of reasons you have to avoid sex. Plus, as we age, the dryness continues. Learn to care for yourself as soon as symptoms appear. We don’t hesitate to add ointments to our sore joints or dry eyes and we shouldn’t ignore vaginal dryness either.
- It’s not just for women. Men can use it too!
Now, how do I like the product? I like it. It doesn’t have a scent which is always a plus for me. When applied, it feels natural enough that you can use it during sex or on days that you feel you need a little more lubrication. I even received individual packets which I think would be awesome to throw in your purse for a dry day. Don’t blush, I keep eye-drops in my purse too. One little warning: it is runny. I wasn’t expecting that and spilled it all over myself. But it absorbs quickly and there isn’t any stickiness afterwards that some lubricants leave behind. My suggestion is give it a try.