As my children reach college age, I know how important financial assistance can be when considering college. Scholarship applications are exhausting! Add in an autoimmune disease and sometimes it is just too much, which is why I’d like to share an exciting opportunity for anyone with RA, JIA, psoriatic arthritis (PsA) or ankylosing spondylitis (AS). AbbVie Is offering $15,000 in scholarships to 15 people! Application deadline is April 4 so hurry! Here’s additional information. Good luck!
AbbVie Rheumatology Scholarship Overview
· The scholarship is available to students living with RA, JIA, PsA or AS, who are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited United States (U.S.) university/college or trade school, and who plan to enroll for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Fifteen Rheumatology Scholars will be selected. The award value will be $15,000 for each recipient.
· Applicants will be judged based on academic excellence, community involvement, written response to an essay question and ability to serve as a positive role model for the rheumatology community.
· Key dates and deadlines include:
o Applications are available on www.RheumScholarship.com.
o Applications must be submitted by April 4, 2016.
o Winners will be notified by April 29, 2016.
· More information on the AbbVie Rheumatology Scholarship, the application process and eligibility criteria can be found at www.RheumScholarship.com.