This has been a crazy, hectic, and stressful week of a teenager running a fever all week, a full week of work, some RA issues and life in general. This morning was my first morning all week where I wasn’t rushed. I decided to do some gentle things that remind me of who I am and what brings me the most peace and happiness.
- I slept in until 6:00am
- I put a batch of pumpkin cranberry muffins in the oven. Baking just soothes my soul and calms me!
- I made breakfast for Steve – sausage, eggs and a muffin so that he would have a little part of me with him all day.
- I drove Sophia to school. This little bit of time together reminded me that I am not spoiling her by driving her instead of requiring she take the bus, but I am gaining a little time with my daughter that we both needed and wanted.
- I went for a walk with Izzy enjoying all the beauty of fall.
- I worked out hard,even including Izzy in my workout today which she loved. Rather than doing the short sprints by myself, I chased her around the back yard! She loves this! Me too!
- I lit up some incense and meditated in front of the window where the sun was able to shine in on me.
I am curious, what do you do to rejuvenate? How are you gentle with yourself?
|My beautiful daughter at homecoming.
How does this tie in with post? It just makes me happy.