Thank you to Helen at Pens and Needles for the Sugar Doll Award. What a fun way to concentrate on something other than RA! Plus, it is a nice way to learn something new about each other. I like that – community building. I have enjoyed reading new things about my RA blogger friends.
Part of accepting the award is to share ten things about myself and then nominate five other people. Here are 10 things about me.
1. CRAP is about the worst word that comes out of my mouth. I have just never been one to use profanity. It doesn’t bother me that others use it, but is just isn’t me. My kids refer to “crap” as the “K word” because when they were younger they thought it started with a “k”.
2. I am seriously jealous of the birthday party Sophia recently attended. She and three other girls, along with the birthday girl’s mom and dad of course, stayed at the Four Seasons in Chicago. They ordered room service, went on a carriage ride through Chicago, swimming and much more.
3. My grammar/spelling skills are weak but somehow I still managed to minor in English and currently teach English. I often feel that I am learning as I teach. My only problem is that if it isn’t meaningful to me, I forget it and have to relearn it.
4. I love watching marathons of sitcoms with the kids. Right now my favorites are That 70’s Show and Seinfield. Two of our favorites from the past are The Dick Van Dyke Show and Mary Tyler Moore.
5. My daughter Sophia recently asked me what was on my bucket list. I don’t have a bucket list but as I listened to hers, I was motivated to make my own. It was a great way to really think about what I would like to do in my lifetime and came up with three things that could actually all be done together: learn Spanish fluently, travel through South American countries and do a really big hike in the mountains.
6. When I was a little girl, teenager and young adult my neck would break out in hives when I was nervous. It only occasionally happens now.
7. When I was a kid in school, I was always in the lowest reading groups. Two years in a row I was pulled out for extra services. It was great! We got to use the typewriter, knit, play games and spend time in small groups with the math/reading aid. It was one of my favorite times during elementary school.
8. I have flat, thin nails. I keep them short because they break really easy and tend to curve as they grow.
9. In my future I want to be a massage therapist or something similar. I would really like to work on elderly people that aren’t touched often and people with chronic pain. I am not sure how this is going to work with my stiff and swollen fingers, but for now that is my goal.
10. I wish I could find a swimsuit that really fit and didn’t ride up my butt.
Now, for the five people I would like to nominate for this award:
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy – I know you all know him and love him but I just want to say he has been a great friend.
2. Hope Floats – Melissa is one blogger friend I have been fortunate enough to meet in person. She is a great gal. You will find many amusing things on her blog.
3. Joanne at Reasons to Be Cheerful cracks me up. I love reading about her life. She has had a lot of down times the last year but always keeps a great attitude.
4. Ra is Wild – Judy is taking on her RA through a raw diet. She provides lots of great looking recipes.
5. Dual Sport Life – Terry writes about his adventures with RA and motorcycle riding. Lots of good reading.
*RA Guy and Terry, I hope you don’t mind being a Sugar Doll for a day. 🙂
Each of these people are part of our rheumatoid arthritis community. I am not sure who started this award but it has been a great way for us to learn about each other in a new way.
5 thoughts on “”
I started on my bucket list yesterday. It seems most of what I really want to do is TRAVEL.
I find it interesting to read just how many younger children have a bucket list and that I had never even heard of one until yesterday.
I'll put my post up later today.
Love your Ten Things list, Cathy. You know, I've never considered a bucket list before, either, but why not? I'm going to work on that.
Hope you're feeling decent today and able to get outside and soak up some healing sun. Thinking of you …
Yay! I enjoyed reading your list. You were going to be one of my nominees, but I saw that Helen had already “tagged” you!
Thank you for the award and the challenge – I shall rise to it of course!!
Great list. Ditto with the hives by the way.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm loving yours 🙂 I wish that “crap” was the worse thing that came out of my mouth, I'm as bad as a sailor.